Punakaiki Budget Accommodation for independent travellers
We have space for 44 people between our two houses; the Punakaiki Beach Hostel and the Te Hui House.
Both houses have wireless Internet access, a verandah overlooking the Tasman Sea or the Paparoa National Park, a well equipped kitchen with free tea, herbs & spices and a cosy lounge to hang out and relax
Available room/bed types:
- Double rooms with queen size bed
- Twin rooms with two single beds
- Triple rooms with a queen size bed and a single bed
- Dorm-rooms, sleeps up to six people, with bunk style beds
- Share-rooms, sleeps up to four people, with bunk-style beds
- Single room with either a bunk bed or double bed, subject to availability
All rooms have fully made up beds, are heated in the winter and have shared bathroom facilities.
Sunset Cottage (sleeps two)
- Freeview TV, private verandah overlooking the ocean, unique ensuite bathroom, kitchenette, WIFI
- Click here to see more about Sunset Cottage
Punakaiki Backpackers Hostel Prices
Prices valid until 1st October 2014
|Room/Bed Type||BBH Rate||All others|
|Single Room with share bathroom (1 person)||$51 per room||$54 per room|
|Double Room with share bathroom (2 persons)||$69 per room||$75 per room|
|Twin Room with share bathroom (2 persons)||$69 per room||$75 per room|
|Sunset Cottage (2 persons)||$105||$115|
|Share Room (up to 4 people) with share bathroom||$27 p/adult||$30 p/adult|
|Dorm Room (5 people or more) with share bathroom||$25 p/adult||$28 p/adult|
|Tent Site – includes use of facilities||$17 p/adult||$20 p/adult|
Some helpful advice:
In Punakaiki there are no shops, petrol station or ATM nearby, please bring everything you need.
Our hostel is not suitable for young children; the minimum age is 12 years.
For families please see our Te Hui House page.