Punakaiki Budget Accommodation for independent travellers
We have space for 44 people between our two houses; the Punakaiki Beach Hostel and the Te Hui House.
Both houses have complimentary wifi internet, a verandah overlooking the Tasman Sea or the Paparoa National Park, a well equipped kitchen with free tea, herbs & spices and a cosy lounge to hang out and relax
Available room/bed types:
- Double rooms with queen-size bed
- Twin rooms with two single beds
- Triple room with three single beds
- Dorm-rooms, sleeps up to six people, with bunk-style beds
- Share-rooms, sleeps up to four people, with bunk-style beds
- Single room with either a bunk-bed or double bed, subject to availability
All rooms have fully made up beds, are heated in the winter and have shared bathroom facilities. FREE WIFI !
Sunset Cottage (sleeps two)
- Private verandah overlooking the Tasman Sea, ensuite bathroom, tea & coffee making facility, WIFI & flatscreen TV
- Click here to see more about Sunset Cottage
House Truck (sleeps two)
- Outdoor seating area, ensuite bathroom, toaster, tea & coffee making facility, couch, WIFI & flatscreen TV with Netflix
- Click here to see more about our House Truck
Punakaiki Backpackers Hostel Prices
Prices valid until 1st October 2016
|Room/Bed Type||Rate per night|
|Double Room with share bathroom (2 persons)||$77 per room|
|Twin Room with share bathroom (2 persons)||$77 per room|
|Triple Room with share bathroom (3 persons)||$93 per room|
|Sunset Cottage (2 persons)||$130 per unit|
|House Truck (2 persons)||$115 per unit|
|Share Room (up to 4 people) with share bathroom||$31 per adult|
|Dorm Room (5 people or more) with share bathroom||$29 per adult|
|Tent Site – includes use of facilities||$21 per adult|
Some helpful advice:
In Punakaiki there are no shops, petrol station or ATM nearby, please bring everything you need.
Our hostel is not suitable for young children; the minimum age is 12 years.
For families please see our Te Hui House page.