Punakaiki, New Zealand, a magic West Coast location, situated on the seaward edge of the Paparoa National Park.
It sits about halfway between Greymouth and Westport, a scenic drive along the Coast Road; about 55 km south of Westport and 45 km north of Greymouth. Flanked by lush native rainforest, crystal clear rivers and the famous Pancake Rocks, just 500m from our front door. But there is more than just the Pancake Rocks and the blowholes.
- Make your own knife or your own greenstone carving in Barrytown
- Paddle up the Pororari River by kayak
- Explore the Punakaiki valley by horse
- Walk the Pororari/Punakaiki River loop track (3 hours)
- Experience the National Park on the Inland Pack Track
- See fur seals and dolphins right on our doorsteps
- Observe native birds like the cheeky weka, kereru (NZ native pigeon) and fantails
- Discover glow-worms in the nearby cavern
- Water-activities you can enjoy are surfing in the Tasman Sea or go for a swim at the river lagoon